BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"Behind every great man there's a great woman..."

Well... I guess I'm resigning myself to the fact that Mitt Romney will be the Republican nominee... He won all five primaries today, and has been leading so... I was SO hoping for a miracle with Rick Santorum, and since he dropped out, I just had been in my conservative denial. Evidently others I'm on twitter with agree.
(sigh)
I don't know what it is about Romney that bothers me so much... He's a good man. A good husband. A good father. A good businessman. Decent. Presidential looking. Presidential sounding. Smart. Classy. And yes, I WILL vote for him, of course. I mean, SERIOUSLY, look who he's up against??
I just had my heart set on Santorum. He was the most Reagan-esque of all of them. The most sincere. The best morals. The best character.
(sigh)
I guess Mitt Romney just doesn't seem real. He seems fake. His wife, on the other hand, seems real. She seems sincere. I think he will get a lot of votes because SHE is so likeable. Maybe it's my Southern prejudice against Northeasterners. Maybe it's his Massachusetts accent. Maybe it's because he was for abortion and flipped it. Maybe it's because he had Romneycare which Obamacare is based on.
Anyway.
As a conservative, I didn't get who I wanted but I will hold my nose, and vote for the FAR better candidate, which is Romney.
But it makes me feel a lot better knowing his wife Ann is behind him all the way...

0 comments: