BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 17, 2010

"The Great Escape..."


I'm looking forward to the new season of TV shows... I mean it's been almost 4 months of reruns and reality shows - ugh! Years ago the new season started the day after Labor Day which was also the first day of school. They continued until Memorial Day, the last day of school. But time was a lot simpler then, and there were only 3 stations. My shows-to-watch last year were The Mentalist, Desperate Housewives and Glee. Actually, I started watching Glee later, when word about it started getting out. It's like watching a creative Broadway musical each week. I used to watch NCIS but have gotten bored with the similar story each week. And this summer watched the reruns for The Middle, which between the mother, Patricia Heaton, and her daughter Sue, (an actress with a big future) make me laugh til I cry.

Next week I'm looking forward to the new Tom Selleck show, Blue Bloods, about an NYC cop family. With our country in such a TERRIBLE mess, Tom Selleck seems soothing and in charge. He's moral, reasonable, intelligent, presidential, and classy, and is MY president. (There used to be a bumper sticker that said (actor/current NRA president) "Charlton Heston is MY president" while Clinton was in office.) And, since I can't even afford a vacation, I'll watch the new remake of Hawaii Five-O for the background scenes filmed in Hawaii.
I guess it's like the Depression in the 30's when everyone went to the movies for escape...

0 comments: