BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 24, 2010

"Life is like a box of chocolates.... Forrest Gump

"Mama always says, 'Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.' "
-- Forrest Gump


I loved the movie, "Forrest Gump." Sometimes life CAN be reduced to some simple true-isms that Forrest said like, "Stupid is as stupid does," and "I guess there aren't enough rocks" and "Mama always says, dying was a part of life."
I'm glad you never know what you're going to get in life. Every day is sort of a crap shoot -- a rolling of the dice. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. I was once asked if I could find out what the future held, would I want to know. No. Never. Because NOT knowing gives us the hope each and every day. And if we knew the bad in the future, we would just be dreading it rather than enjoying the present.
So have a chocolate and let life be a surprise. It's sort of like a child's toy Jack-in-the-Box - we keep turning the handle to the music and wait for Jack to pop up. Life is a roller coaster - when you're down it will go up and when you're up, it will go down. Roller coasters wouldn't be fun if they were flat. Once you accept that this is how life is, you won't be so stressed about it. If you believe God when He said, "and lo, I am with you always," then you know you're ultimately going to be okay.
So, accept the roller coaster. Enjoy the ride. That's all I have to say about that.....

0 comments: