BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 8, 2013

Happy Birthday Bubba!!

Today is my oldest child's birthday! I joked with him and said he's so old that I'm going to have to start calling him my brother! Like many people, Bubba is insecure yet shouldn't be. He's so handsome, and intelligent and funny, with the dry, sarcastic wit that you simply must have in our family to survive. He has struggled with depression since junior high school, and has had a rough go of it for several years. But he is a survivor and is a strong man, even though he doesn't even know it. This year he made the decision to become a Catholic and enjoys the regimen of their services. Too, he finds comfort in the reverence and holiness you find in Catholic churches, and I agree. Life is going to keep getting better for my son, I declare it. I think the quote that fits most for him in the last year is, "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger."
I love you, Bubby...

0 comments: