BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 8, 2013

Freaky Friday - Grammys

Ugh. I'm having a hard time lately narrowing down what I want to post about. I actually wrote 2 different pieces yesterday but just saved them for another day. I usually wait for something to inspire me, but nothing was jumping out.
But today the article that catches my attention has been talked about a few days. Evidently the Grammy's sent out a 'private' notice that is calling for these dress code restrictions on Sunday night -- "Please avoid exposing bare fleshy under curves of the buttocks and buttock crack. Please be sure the genital region is adequately covered so that there is no visible "puffy" bare skin exposure. Avoid sheer see-through clothing that could possibly expose female breast nipples. Bare sides or under curvature of the breasts is also problematic."
While I am in TOTAL agreement that these "costumes" are nastier and more revealing than what actual prostitutes wear, I am not sure how the Grammy's intends to 'police' what the celebrities are going to wear. Will it be like my daughter's high school when they deem something inappropriate, so they have to put on an ugly, thick, man's painter shirt over said outfit? Who will be the person(s) policing this? And if no one is policing the outfits, what actually is the point? Was it the smartest marketing ploy ever so that more will watch the show to see if anyone breaks dress code?? I mean I DO agree that the Grammys in particular has gotten really raunchy in the stars' one-upmanship to see who can top the last. I think Jennifer Lopez set the bar with that green dress cut down to her navel that everyone still talks about.
Sigh.
Don't we all just figure these days that you have to choose your battles and this probably isn't one of them, given the dire circumstances this country is in financially? But... it is a start. So, yeah. You go Grammy's.
I'll be watching...


0 comments: