BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 4, 2013

"After all, is football a game or a religion?" - Howard Cosell

Yes... I still watched the Super Bowl - well, most of it. I watched the pre-game show, which was very touching and also patriotic. (Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys were awesome.) I mean, it IS a huge AMERICAN past time, and the Super Bowl is one way to unite America when everything else divides us. I left for a while but returned in time for the half-time show. I'm sorry. I just wasn't impressed. Beyonce IS beautiful, (I call her the African-American Barbie.) But it was just so one dimensional. Just a lot of girls dancing in black, thrusting their pelvis' at us. I realize that I am hard to impress since I watch a lot of dance competitions, but she just isn't that good. Sorry to disappoint all you Beyonce fans. Too, lots of little girls look up and emulate her, and she was a bit too nasty for prime-time TV. Maybe I sound prudish in this day and age but she was licking her fingers and touching very close to her private area, and the camera was zoomed in on her face (and body.) The Destiny's Child reunion was also not surprising, since it had leaked when last week the media said, "There will NOT be a surprise Destiny's Child reunion," which, of course, there was. I don't know. I guess after you watch the Olympic opening ceremonies, everything else pales in comparison...
Lots of fun little side stories. Like I didn't know until AFTER the game that the 2 head coaches were brothers. I just kept hearing the name Harbaugh, so I finally googled it to see what they were talking about. Even the 49ers coach's son works for his uncle with the Ravens, so that was a "house divided." And the guy from the movie, "The Blind Side," Michael Oher,  is a player for the Ravens, so his adopted family and Sandra Bullock and son were there to cheer him on. It was Ray Lewis' last game. And truly, the power outage was the most interesting thing about the game, since it made them scramble and ad lib, and on live TV anything can happen. So there's that.
And the commercials. I didn't see them all, but my favorite one was the Dodge Ram ad regarding the American farmer. Wow. So surprised that something so basic to this country was honored. My second favorite was the Jeep commercial about the military connection. Loved it. As an advertising gal, thought it was genius. And my third favorite was the Clydesdale Budweiser commercial. How touching. We all can unite in our love of animals, so thought that too was pure genius.
All in all, I thought the Super Bowl was great. The producers united us all in this very divisive environment we've been in the last 4 years. I noticed when the screen showed the active military in Afghanistan, the whole crowd cheered. Right on!! There IS still hope for this country. There ARE still really good people who are trying to preserve the best country on the planet.
God bless America!!


0 comments: