BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 10, 2012

"Keep Calm and Carry On??"


Well, I WOULD have posted over the weekend if I hadn't of been as sick as I've been in about 10 years.... I had the stomach bug (flu?) so bad that I couldn't even MOVE without feeling like I would "wretch" (just found out that's the way the British say puke.) Yes, I learned that from the horrible prank that went terribly wrong in calling the hospital that Ducchess Kate was in last week, but I digress. Anyway. I couldn't watch television or hear any noise at all or I would feel "wretch-ed." It lasted all weekend.
So I missed my future daughter-in-law's graduation from the University of Texas (my alma mater) in the School of Communications (also my same major) in Journalism on Saturday, and consequent celebratory party. My grown son, who now calls himself a liberal, told me that I would NOT have enjoyed the graduation ceremony, since the commencement speaker was Bill White (Democrat who ran against Rick Perry for governor of Texas in the past election.) His speech did include good advice to these future journalists by saying that they should be objective and truthful, however then he went off on a rant about Fox News and how biased they are (like the other networks AREN'T???) and how they should not even be on the air. My son said he went on so long, that everyone got fidgety and uncomfortable, knowing that he was crossing the line into an area  he should not have entered.
So. There's that...
And, yes, I have not announced yet that my oldest, my only son, is getting married. They decided a week ago, and will have a immediate family-only wedding on Friday, December 21st. (Yes, you guessed it, they chose that day since it's the end of the Mayan calendar, so either the world will end or they will get married.) Anyway, I am very happy for them, and wish them a lifetime of happiness.
Something else I'm dealing with, as the single mother of a teenager, is DD's sadness at losing her boyfriend. She was sooooooo happy when they were dating and then he abruptly ended it. As I've mentioned, he evidently had already begun another relationship with a girl, and it was fairly advanced. That girl started bragging about their inappropriate texts, and in addition, some of the things she was saying were the same lines the boyfriend had told DD 7 months ago. Ugh... He went with the new girl immediately and now she is rubbing it in DD's face on Facebook after only 2 weeks. Arrrrrrrggggggggg.... Oh how I wish Facebook had NEVER been thought of. (Kind of like the nuclear bomb...) But it has. So. As they used to say in the sixties -- Love the bomb.
We have no other choice...

0 comments: