BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

"Keep on swimming..." - Finding Nemo


I'm still having trouble posting... Yes, I am very opinionated about almost everything. And yes, there are lots of subjects to comment on. Like gun control. Oh pulleaseeeee. As Samuel Jackson said today, it's not a gun problem, it's a people problem in not teaching the value of life. And I agree with Rush Limbaugh, that this generation wants fame at any cost. If they can't be famous, then they will settle for infamous... They want to make their mark, even if it's for the wrong reasons. And as I've said in previous blogs, kids these days don't find it honorable to be doctors or scientists discovering the cure of cancer or attorneys fighting for justice. No, they all want to be pop stars like Britney Spears. They want to be the next American Idol. They've been brainwashed that business people are greedy capitalist bastards, and people like Mitt Romney are the enemy....  It's all very frustrating.
And I can't even watch anything about the school massacre. It's just too much. I can't look at their faces. I can't read the poems on Facebook. I am just turning off the news... Alex says she blames all of the news stations with 24/7 news glorifying criminals non-stop and since bad news sells, it encourages these mentally unstable people such as the school shooter.
My take? God is lifting His hand of protection over our country. God is a just God and He, by His own nature, cannot allow evil to persist. We have allowed the death of unborn children by the millions in America. We have taken prayer out of school. We are removing the Ten Commandments from courthouses. We are watching Christ being removed from Christmas, and nativity scenes everywhere are endangered. And then we wonder why there are so many killing sprees happening in our country.
Anyway.
It's a week from Christmas. DD has school finals this week. My son is getting married on Friday. I'm selling a Johnny Manziel (Heisman) section at work. I haven't finished my Christmas shopping. And time IS going faster than ever before. I'm trying to savor these Christmas moments. I'm trying so hard to be positive. And thankful. And happy.
But it just feels like I'm swimming upstream...

0 comments: