BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Great Debate


Like many other Americans, I sat down to watch the first American presidential debate last night with fear and trepidation. As a matter of fact, as soon as I saw Romney, I prayed for him, knowing how critically important this debate was to reach the "independents."
Right off the bat, I noticed that Romney looked more presidential than Obama, and that he seemed relaxed while Obama seemed, well, super tense. Both had too much makeup on, and both had eyes that looked darkened like the kid on the Adams Family TV show from the my childhood.
Jim Lehrer seemed like a patient grandpa who was trying very hard to be respectful, although everyone in the know, knows that he's from PBS and is a liberal himself. I will say that even he surprised me in his moderating because I expected him to throw out the Katie Couric jerk questions to Mitt that would throw him. But he didn't and Mitt stayed on topic, relaxed and confident the entire time. I guess that's how I would sum it up as a matter of fact. That Mitt was super confident (in addition to being super knowledgeable) and Obama was sweating bullets. The contrast could not have been clearer.
As my (now liberal) grown son said, Romney was prepared in his answers and took full advantage of his 2 minutes with machine gun rapid-fire answers, while Obama was bumbling and fumbling for his words. My son even went so far to say that some of the conspiracy websites he reads are saying that Obama doesn't want to win, and did poorly on purpose. I couldn't agree LESS. I told my son, No... he just didn't prepare because he thought he had this in the bag. He's so used to the media accomplices and his celebrity status, that he didn't feel it was necessary. At least that's what I think.
I stayed off of Twitter during the debates so I could concentrate on the answers but later found that most conservatives were in agreement with what I was thinking. I did think that liberals would still lie and say Obama did great, and although some did, many were honest and said he stunk. Because he did. It was viewed not only in the States, but in countries around the world. It's not just Americans that have a dog in this hunt. Countries like Israel are waiting with baited breath to see the outcome of this election. And of course the European countries have a vested interest as well, since the global economy is interdependent on each other.
Earlier when I spoke with my son, he said, "You sure are in a good mood... Oh, I know why. Because Romney beat Obama hands down in last night's debate."
Yes... yes, I am... Finally I have hope for change in our future.

0 comments: