BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 29, 2012

"Bad news travels fast and worse news, faster"

What a weird Monday so far... It's still morning and at work, it's our busiest day of the week and somehow we had a power surge, which my boss is never prepared for, so half of our electronics are fried. Including my phone and the credit card machine and several of our computers. We run a weekly newspaper and a printing shop here, and our lives revolve around computers. I guess everyone's business does... I'm having to use my personal cell phone to make sales calls. Ugh.
It just seems like everything is off kilter today. We have the "Frankenstorm" heading to the Northeast which newscasters are saying is the "Storm of the century." Who knows if you can believe the media anymore?? Everything these days is bad news, and everything is so exaggerated to sell advertising. I know. I'm in the media. Just on the other side. The side that brings in the money...
And yes, I've prayed as many on Facebook are asking, for those in the northeast. And New York City and Washington D.C. are the hub of the nation, so it DOES affect us all. It just has me thinking... My pastor says that what happens in the physical is also happening in the spiritual. You know, like we've been in a horrible drought here in Texas, which is evidently also a spiritual drought as well? So... here comes Frankenstorm (get it? Halloween? Scary?) and you don't have to reach to see that this might indeed be true for them as well? We do have a gynormous election in 9 short days and this will affect voting somehow. Definitely for any early voting but also because this storm will do damage for weeks if not much longer. There are so many millions of people in that concentrated, congested area that might be without power for awhile. And I just read on the news that the gangs are already saying they will start looting up there.  So all of you second amendment people should be okay.
Just sayin...



0 comments: