BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 4, 2012

"If you did it, then it's okay for me..." -- my daughter

Haunting words, don't you agree? My 15 year old says that if I did something, then it would be okay for her to do. Hmmmm.... now I know why I don't tell her much of my past.... Those were different days and I was a different person. Now days they arrest for much less than they used to, but it brings me to my point.
All of these photos are circulating of our current president with a joint, with stories of his pothead days.
Great... Isn't this just a green light for all high schoolers to now say, "Well if the president of the United States smoked weed, why can't I??"

Up until now, the United States has held our presidential nominees to a higher standard, but in the last election, they skipped Obama's vetting. Suddenly there were no records of his grades, of his girlfriends, of  his friends - pretty much nothing. It's as if they guy was beamed here as an adult. Some say it's because he was born overseas and was there much of his life. Again, the vetting IS important. The rules we've had about being born an American have never been more important. So now we have "the coolest president" we've ever had?
Be careful what you wish for...

0 comments: