BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"Character is how you treat someone that isn't powerful..."

Just had my birthday this week... Why am I always disappointed? My mother must have set the bar high since my expectations are always higher than reality. On Facebook I tell every single one of my hundreds of Facebook friends Happy Birthday on their special day. I don't do this so they will respond on my birthday. I do it because it 's the nice thing to do. So on my birthday, there are those that surprise me. It's almost always my distant Facebook friends that are incredibly nice. And the people I'm close to? Many fewer than I would expect. I try to tell my 15 year old that life doesn't change when you grow up, that there is always a popular group of people that everyone is trying to seek favor and attention from. And it's usually the rich, good-looking people. Having grown up wealthy and now one of the working class, I have a unique perspective on the subject. 
And it's completely depressing. 

0 comments: