BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 15, 2012

"We ARE the 99%...


This afternoon I texted with my daughters Alex and DD as we played "Fashion Police" on E's "Road to the (Golden Globes) Red Carpet." Usually it's just Alex and me, but we added 14 year old DD to get her young perspective. Tomorrow's blog will have all the photos and dialogue, as it usually takes me awhile to compile it all.

Sometimes I feel pathetic as we watch the movie stars in their high fashion designer dresses go to these fabulous award ceremonies and after-parties, as we sit in our normal homes in normal towns living normal lives. Sometimes I just feel like a common schmo, a cog in the wheel, in the assembly line of life. Sometimes it's hard to watch these people who are the privileged few that can afford tons of homes, and tons of cars, and tons of trips, and tons of clothes, and tons of, well, everything they want. Sometimes I want to be able to live the kind of lives they live. And sometimes I wish I had one-tenth of what they have. And sometimes I wish I could afford a vacation outside of my state.
Sometimes...

0 comments: