BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 21, 2012

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game."


I come from a long line of hunters and I live in Texas, but I am disgusted that tourist trophy hunters are "hunting" GIRAFFES...

The lastest statistics show the number of giraffes in the world have nearly halved since 1988 from over 140,000 to less than 80,000 and are already thought to be extinct in Angola, Mali and Nigeria. Dr. Fennessy, who founded Giraffe Conservation Foundation, said "The worst part of trophy hunting is the fact that the hunters can miss their target and fail to kill the giraffe quickly. If they don't hit the right spot, then it can lead to suffering for the animal."
I guess I just don't believe in killing animals just for the heck of it... I am fine with people hunting deer and then eating them, but I don't think it is humane to kill animals for sport. Here in the Texas hill country, some come here to shoot their limit and then donate the meat to the homeless. That's a good thing. But then there are high school boys that go out with their friends on ranches and (illegally) kill every jack rabbit at night that they see.
Killing just for killing's sake is just WRONG...

0 comments: