BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 2, 2012

"A man's got to do what a man's got to do..." - John Wayne


As the Iowa caucus nears, recent polls show that the top 3 GOP contenders are Mitt Romney, Ron Paul and Rick Santorum. Stories are saying the evangelical right (of which I count myself in) are flocking to Santorum. When asked why, they responded, "He's the most like us." I think Frank Luntz said it best tonight when he said the field is very volatile because all of the candidates have flaws. So I guess we choose the lesser of all of those evils. Of all of the current GOP candidates, I have to cross Ron Paul off of the list because of his views on Israel. He is no friend to Israel, and thus, unacceptable in my view. Of these 3 candidates, I would have to agree with evangelicals in Iowa, and vote for Santorum. He seems very solid and stable, and my only fear is that he is too nice for this job. I think Gingrich has appealed to many because of his razor sharp come-backs in a country of Big Media slanting the news with snarky-ness. Can Santorum respond to these types? A lot of people got mad when George W. didn't answer his critics, but rather rose above. I liked this... but after a while I was thinking COME ON, and fire back! Get a silver-tongued fox Press spokesman, and smoke 'em! But no, for 8 long years, he just took it. He became a punching bag for the liberal media, and it was too hard to watch. We the people are at home yelling at the TV and feeling helpless, watching our 'team' lose the media war. So, I'm just wondering if Santorum will be tough enough. Tough enough for our liberal media and tough enough to take on Iran and whoever else threatens our way of life. I already know Rick Perry is.

If only he could debate well...

0 comments: