BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 15, 2011

SEX

SEX.... Did I get your attention? It seems to work every time... I find it worrisome that there are so many sexual messages that young people see, and without censorship (as I mentioned earlier this week) it seems that almost anything goes. In our conservative small town in Texas, a 7th grader just had a baby about a month ago. And another sweet little girl, also 7th grader, that my daughter went to school with 4 years ago, allegedly was pregnant and got an abortion (according to DD.) As a matter of fact, last week in class, DD's 8th grade classmates were talking about sex at lunch, and her close set of friends said, "You're not going to wait until college to have sex, are you??!!" She said she answered, "uh, well, I was thinking about it..."

Wow. This is junior high. 2011.

0 comments: