BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 8, 2011

"A mother's arms are more comforting than anyone else's."


Dear Mom,

I wish I could have visited with you today... It's not the big days I miss; it's the small, simple things like sitting around the kitchen table talking to you while you cooked dinner. I miss your laugh and the twinkle in your eye. I miss your positivity; you were always so, so positive. I miss your hugs, which you had for each of us every time we saw you. And I miss the feeling of security I always felt every time I was home. Yes, you created a wonderful home for us; not just a house. Home was where you were, and it was an oasis of warmness in this cold world of selfish, mean people. I knew I could never measure up to you, and I haven't... as hard as I try.
Bubba and Sissy have turned out very well with your help; you would be so proud of them... They are wonderful and, along with DD, are my favorite people. You've missed so much over the last 10 years... graduations, weddings... all the things you should have been at, and were... in spirit. At each event, I know that each of us pauses at a moment, and feels your presence. You were the glue in our family, and nothing is the same without you. Oh, how I wish DD could get to grow up with you. She only has 2 memories of you, and you were sick at that time. She doesn't have the privilege of your family dinners, your wonderful listening ability or your wonderful, uplifting comforting. I'm doing the best I can, but wish you were here. I was driving home from work this week, WISHING I could pick up my cell phone and call heaven... I just want to hear your voice one more time.
Happy Mother's Day Mom - God, I miss you...

0 comments: