BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 6, 2011

Requiem to the Mole

Today DD had minor plastic surgery to remove 2 moles from her face. I loved her mole by her mouth... It looked so Marilyn Monroe... so Cindy Crawford... so movie star-esque. I would've given my eye teeth for a cool mole like she had. It almost insured her future movie star status. It was so discriminating. I guess I wanted one since my whole life, I've had an average name, an average height, an average weight, average, average, AVERAGE!! I always wanted to stand out and be unique! It's why I gave her the cool, unusual name (DD are her initials.) But alas, she's in junior high where all you want to do is fit in. I had put her off as long as she would let me. She started her nagging last year. And then this year, it's all she wanted for Christmas. But still I procrastinated, hoping high school would change the equation, and she could celebrate her individuality. But then when she switched to public school and several of the boys started making fun of them, it's all she could think about. (Too, they were getting larger... and puffier...) and the boys were starting to be grossed out by them, although as you can see from the photo, the one by her mouth was still cute. So, yes, they're gone now... goodbye moles... hello scars... She has 2 really gnarly scars at this point with big black stitching. And looking at them, it's hard to believe he's a top pediatric plastic surgeon in Austin, (sigh) but I guess they will heal, and hopefully, fade away into the sunset...

But I'll miss them...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no such thing as beautiful stitches. Geez!!
-Alex