BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 26, 2011

"The fat lady has sung..."

Well, I think all the season finale's are finally over, with American Idol crowning their winner last night as the final finale. It was an interesting season and fun to watch the musical chairs each week, leaving 17 year old Scotty McCreery from Garner, North Carolina as the last man standing and the 10th "American Idol." As I watched all the hoopla last night in the star-studded final show, it occurred to me that America got it right this year. I secretly had hoped that a practicing Christian would win, and the first thing Scotty said was that he wanted to thank God who had gotten him to that point. It surprised me that the last 2 standing were 2 "country" teenagers from the South, who seem like good, clean, innocent teens who love their parents, their families, their towns, this country and singing! I think the country collectively knows this nation has gone too far down a wicked lane, and it's time to turn back and return to good, clean fun. The country genre of music seems to be the cleanest of the choices for the young people currently. I just hope that the music scene won't ruin any of the 13 finalists that will tour this summer, because most of them seem like regular people without all of the airs they pick up in the business. One person that comes to mind that really went rotten is Will Smith. When he came onto the scene in "Fresh Prince of Belair" at about their age, he was fresh and funny and entertaining. Now? He's a pompous ass.... It's just hard to watch these normal people get ruined. We can only hope that the Bible verse will hold true, "Train up your child in the way in which he should go, and when he grows old, he will not depart from it." Personally, I don't think I would want my child to enter and have this kind of life, no matter how much money they could make. Some of the richest people I know are also some of the unhappiest. It's certainly a life of stress and not all can handle it.

Anyway.
Now that all the shows are over I'm not real excited about reruns this summer... I'd like to read but it's not something DD and I can do together.
Now what?

0 comments: