BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind..."

May I preface this by saying that I am an evangelical Christian conservative, who votes Republican and thinks Ronald Reagan is the best president this country has ever had....

But I would like to say that Americans need to stop fighting this war in Iraq and Afghanistan. The 2 young men from Pennsylvania above that were best friends in life, are now buried next to one another, after both dying in separate incidents in this war. We've been there too long; it's becoming another Vietnam. The people I associate with, in church, and in the conservative Texas hill country all concur. We need to get out of there, it's time for an exit strategy and sooner rather than later. Really, why are we still there?! It's not for oil, that is clear with the current price of oil. (Which, by the way, is one of the things I thought Trump made perfect sense about.) We are losing the best, the brightest and the bravest, for what? We've taken down Saddam Hussein and now Osama Bin Laden, so let's pull our ground troops out, and just let special opps target the heads of these organizations. This has gotten ridiculous. I find it very curious that when Bush was president, the liberals talked incessantly about ending this war, but now are saying nothing. I don't get it. Or maybe I do... it really IS all about politics. Yack. It's why I prefer nominating a non-politician for president.
It's not a video game, these are real lives. It's not monopoly, it's real money - OUR money.
What has happened to common sense???

0 comments: