BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 1, 2011

What The Heck Fridays



Here's a twist, and I'm NOT April fooling... when I have asked both of my daughters, Alex (29) and DD (14) what they want to do when they grow up, they both have the same answer. They want to be married to a man that makes enough money so they can be stay at home mothers. They want to have a fun home life and entertain. I guess when women are really honest, it's what we all want.... I guess for me, I watched my very good-looking father run around on my very dear mother, and saw her cry for years. Truth is, men can leave you and THEN what? Or they can die an early death or in my case, my father had a massive stroke at 46 and couldn't work again. I mean, there are no guarantees, so I'm trying to show my daughters that they need to have a back-up plan.

For me personally, I think the ideal is to have a part-time job that is very fulfilling although I know that's pie-in-the-sky thinking. But I also think that a big part of America's huge problems are the amount of mothers who are working full-time jobs, usually because they have to, and leaving the raising of their children to someone else. Then their children don't want to obey their parents because they are never with them. They are worried more about what their friends think since they are with them all of the time, and are more likely to give in to peer pressure, like taking drugs. The married parents are so tired, they probably don't have the energy for intimacy. And if they live in a big city, they are working late and commuting in traffic.
In the small town I work in, the majority of mothers work, but there is no traffic, so all events are only 5-10 minutes away. Most of their jobs are school teacher or nurses, so their hours are fairly flexible. Some of the mothers here are doctors but they have reverse roles and are married to men who work part-time and raise the kids. I can tell you, that as I work in the business field, most mothers are lamenting that they would love to stay home.
I guess feminism has now come full circle...

0 comments: