BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding - Fashion Event of the...

Is this from the set of "Mean Girls?"
Liked this so much, I put it as my Facebook profile picture - sort of my way of being there
Very classy and elegant - One of the few that doesn't look frumpy
Attractive but too tight
One of the popular styles of hats
Very English and very classy
More fun millinery
English women seem to love wearing hats on the side of their heads
Here's a red head of lettuce on her head
A gray garden...
Hmmm... no one told her black isn't protocol for women at weddings.... and it's a little too much skin for a royal wedding
Where Hollywood meets London
I know Victoria Beckham is pregnant, but this looks like a navy sheet with a hole cut out for her head, sort of a pancho? or mumu?
Cruella Davil is wearing blue... I know the royals like to match but this is excessive...
Purple people eater
Fergie's daughters were voted worst hats by pretty much everyone... one pundit said Eugenie (beige) looks like she has a pretzel on her head but it looks more like a spider to me. Beatrice (blue) seems to have a bird nest on her head...
Prince Charles' sister Ann inherited her (Queen) mother's taste
The wedding family in perfect Royal protocol - spring colors, closed toe pumps, hems to the knees, hats and pearls

while the Royal couple below is well... simply perfect.

What a 'splendid' day watching the royal wedding of Kate and William! As soon as I woke up, I turned on the television to see THE dress. I must admit... it seemed a little too simple for me, although beautiful. Alex LOVED it and said it's exactly what she would've worn if she could have, and thought it looked very 1950's a la Grace Kelly. I heard one pundit describe her dress as "serene and regal" which exactly describes Catherine.
Then I started watching the clothes the women were wearing, of which most were dreadful (British lingo.) They all wear the same thing, just in different colors! I realize they have to follow Royal wedding protocol, which is basically hem to the knee, closed toe pumps, arms covered, and something on their head, (something the Church of England says is a must.) So it was the hats where the women showed their individuality, (like Catholic school girls do with their hair since they must wear uniforms.) I'm so jealous! Here in the States, the only time it's fashionable to wear hats is for the Kentucky Derby. So, aside from seeing the true looks of love that William and Kate exchanged, my favorite thing was watching the hats! They were a Fashion "Save" from the horrid attire.
And I must say that it was magical watching the wedding, but not quite as magical as it was with Diana. When William and Kate kissed, I teared up and called DD in to come and see this historical moment. She asked why I had a tear, and I couldn't quite put my finger on it... I love weddings. I love to see two people marry their soul mates. And that it's not often that the first in line to the throne gets married. Too, seeing the wedding in the same cathedral where Diana's funeral was, did make me stop to pause at what a moment it must have been for William and Harry, and hopes that they can have happy futures. And lastly that this shot of true love to the world shows a hope for the future, not only for England, but for the entire world.
Long live the Queen!

0 comments: