BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 3, 2011

"Do what you say and say what you do..."


I've got to keep my promise, so here goes.... The preface of the story is that 3 years ago my older daughter Alex had some symptoms and went to the doctor in Tyler, Texas. They discovered she had an ovarian tumor the size of a cantaloupe. When they get that big, going on the birth control pill won't shrink them usually, and they seemed very afraid that it might be cancerous. They could not biopsy it, as if it was cancerous, then it would pop it, and the cancer would spread. They highly recommended that she go to Baylor Hospital in Dallas. We got a second opinion, and then set the surgery up. I was extremely upset about it all, of course, and believe me, it's worse when it's your child than when it's yourself.... I started praying non-stop and got my believing friends to pray also. I felt like I heard from God that she would be okay. While she was in pre-op, I asked if they could give her the bikini (horizontal) cut since she was young, but they looked at me sternly and said no, they would give her the vertical cut (like gutting a deer) since they had to carefully remove it without busting it, again to not let cancer spread. But I knew what God had told me. During the surgery, the doctor came out with a bewildered look on his face, and relayed, "It's not cancerous," and seemed extremely surprised. We did the happy dance for a very long time....

So, when Alex started getting the same symptoms recently, she and I became worried again. Only this time, she got really bad nausea and it kept getting worse. She finally went to the doctor a week ago Thursday, and she ordered another sonogram, which Alex set up the next day. By law, the technician cannot say anything, but they took a very long time, and Alex was terribly worried. She was afraid it was a cancerous tumor, or that even if it was a benign tumor, they would have to take her other ovary out and not be able to have children.
I got my Bible and started praying a long time until I did what the old timers call, "praying through." I asked God to give me a word about this, and again He said she would be fine and started taking me to lots of verses about the womb. Last weekend, Alex was really upset and really nauseous, and very fearful. But each time the fear would creep in my mind, I stood on what God had told me. I started visualizing getting that accurate, excellent report and promised Him when we got the good news that I would send her flowers and testify.
Well, on Tuesday of this week, she got the news, the sonogram was completely normal. And the symptoms seem to have subsided. Yes, God keeps His word, always.
And me? I'm extremely joyful and am doing what I promised. I sent her flowers and testified at church, and here on my blog, and will continue to whoever will listen.
God is good...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!
-Alex