BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 15, 2011

"All of life is a near-death experience." - Alan Harris


Today I had the privilege to hear a very inspirational speaker at a luncheon for the Red Cross. It was Dave Sanderson, the last person out of the "Miracle on the Hudson" US Airways jet. As he spoke, there wasn't a dry eye in the (very full) room and we realized there was a lot more to the story than what the media relayed. At every step in his story, there was a new "miracle," and Dave said that as soon as he started relaying the story, the more it has helped others in building their faith. To hear this man tell the story, blow by blow, you felt like you were there, reliving it with him, and it would have been terrifying. And, of course, the fact that only 2 were hospitalized (him being one of them) for only one night, and the rest were able to go home that night? Almost unbelievable... One of the things that struck me, was that each time he was in the worst part of the story, his mother's words would come to his mind. As a mother, this was certainly encouraging... And that now he feels like, with his second chance at life, he's not going to waste one moment. He's going to give the credit to God, because with a story like that, there's no other conclusion you can come to. And he knows this is his mission - to tell people about the goodness of God through telling this story.

That's how I feel now, after being healed of my breast cancer. I know I'm on borrowed time. I, too, can see the sands going through the hour glass, and want to make each moment count. I want to help people. I want to make a difference. Like Dave, God has blessed me with talents and abilities that I want to use for Him.
Every day my prayer is, "Send me, Lord! Send me!"

0 comments: