BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 14, 2011

"Time marches on..."














Say it ain't so!! The daytime soap opera, "All My Children," has been cancelled. Granted I haven't watched it since I was in college, but just knowing it was still on and that Erica Kane (Susan Lucci) was still villainous (is that a word?) in Pine Valley was so comforting. When I was a student at the University of Texas in the 70's, my whole sorority house planned our schedules around AMC (and lunch, since they were at the same time.) We would rush back to all have lunch together at the sorority house, so we could all make our funny comments. There were over 30 girls crammed in a room, eating, gossiping, and watching this soap opera. Oh the estrogen!! Good times... (of course SOME day you graduate and head out to a job and real life, but it was fun while it lasted.) But somehow knowing Erica Kane was still out there, being her B_tchy self, was reassuring that I wasnt' getting older. SHE sure wasn't. Susan Lucci is in her 60's but still looks fabulous (and tiny.) Lucky... Ugh... I JUST don't want to be reminded that I'm getting older and that things are changing. For instance, a few months ago, Fox ran an anniversary show for Geraldo Rivera. I never really thought much about him over the years, but just seeing the old hair styles and all the life experiences, brought tears to my eyes. And so it is with this. All good things come to an end. Time marches on.

Dammmmmmittttttttt.

0 comments: