BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 11, 2011

"Nobody ever did, or ever will, escape the consequences of his choices."


News tonight says that Japan's experts are considering raising the nuclear accident severity to the highest level of 7, up from 5. That would put it at the same level of the Chernobyl disaster...

Why is nothing surprising me lately?? I knew after looking at that distressed nuclear plant, that they were never going to get it under control. There was just way too much damage... And you're dealing with the most dangerous substance on the planet.
My brother and I were talking yesterday, and he told me that a few years ago radioactive auto parts were sent to the U.S. and it wasn't discovered until they were already in vehicles. Then they had to go destroy all of them, so he says this could happen with the auto parts coming from Japan.
I don't know... it's all overwhelming. It's hard enough to rebuild after the gynormous earthquake, but then to have the worst tsunami in my lifetime that followed soon after, and then the nuclear incident that still hasn't been resolved... It's tragic. It's catastrophic for Japan, but we're all effected. The car industry... the car parts industry... the electronics industry...ugh. I still think, though, that we can get through natural disasters, but it's the man-made ones that really stump us.
I don't care what anyone says -- nuclear power is NOT worth the risk. Ever...

0 comments: