BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Blood is thicker than water??

What a weird day... it was beautiful blue skies and in the 70's today in Texas, but it's deceiving because  it's not spring or summer yet, and everyone is out of money to do anything, and there are never any planned activities around here in January because of that. I found out tonight that one of my friends here in town lost her mother today.... Her mother had her late in life, sort of like I had DD, and it was a huge shock to the family. It always drives home that we never really know how much time we have left, so we need to be enjoying the present.
And I argued with my (grown) son today, as we are doing often lately... I don't want to argue but we see the same things happening in America and he blames conservatives and I blame liberals. We usually tell each other that we are not going to argue politics, but we both are so passionate about it, and WHY things are happening. And I get SO frustrated that my own flesh and blood could think so polar opposite to me.
For example, he was complaining that the Baby Boomers aren't retiring and are keeping jobs from HIS generation in the process. I countered that there would be more jobs if the guy HE voted for were not in office, and then there would be jobs for everyone to go around. I also added that the "Affordable Care Act" was also designed to get rid of seniors, with the death panels because (to them) we are dead weight (and are probably racist anyway.) He chimed in that there have been death panels for years with all insurance providers when they deny someone coverage.
He just doesn't have a clue.... He has no cable and only watches the evil "Trifecta" of ABC, CBS & NBC. And we all know what's happening there. Complete spinning of a few 'facts' along with "playing the soap opera" (according to Rush) where basically they just have an agenda and push it. So if the news fits with their agenda (for example, if any kind of shooting goes on, the mainstream media immediately starts trying to associate them as a 'right-wing, white, Southern gun nut who is in the Tea Party' when, in actuality, they have almost all been Obama voters.)
Anyway.
My son is just so blinded like all the rest of these yahoos. As a matter of fact, he "unfriended" me on Facebook because he said my posts were too conservative!! Typical liberal. He can't just breeze past my posts! No, he has to UNfriend his own mother because he doesn't even want to see the title of something conservative??? Arrrrrrgggggg, it makes me ANGRY!!
This is HIS future that we are talking about!! Oh, here's another instance. A mutual friend received the emergency unemployment benefits this week, as he's been out of work for a year. My son said that should make our friend want to vote Democrat since the unemployment continues. But I contend that if we have a financial conservative in office, he/she will be CREATING a market conducive to people wanting to grow and thus hire people. All dems are for is a quick fix, another handout and only fixing the symptom but not the actual cause.
If I can't convice my son, who CAN I convince?????

0 comments: