BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

All that glitters....

Ordinarily I post my texts with Alex (my fashionista grown daughter) and myself on our red carpet comments of the Golden Globes. And ordinarily this is my favorite award show of the year. But this year?? Not  so much... I can't really put my finger on why I say that. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were funny, but not as funny as in the past. And the fashion was not NEAR as entertaining as past shows. Everyone looked similar and seemed to all have the same stylists. Usually there are a few that really stand out for my "ooh's and aaah's" in both best dressed and worst, but not this year. As a matter of fact, I still don't even have a best or worst dressed. There weren't any crazys for me to be snarky about. And clearly these celebrities were asked or had decided to not mention Obama (not even once) or anything political for that matter. I guess they are so ecstatic with the way that things are, that they have no beef with anything?!? They think this administration is doing such a fine job, that nothing needs to be said?? At all??? Are they all living so 'high on the hog' that they understand the rest of us would be jealous?? Is this why all of the women dressed more casually, and all had their hair down like they were going to the grocery store (that is, if they actually do go to the grocery store, which most of them have "people" to do that for them.) Have they all lost their flair and decided to be white bread?? Is it because they are all getting younger and just don't have any class at all?? It just seemed that few had charisma. There weren't any you really had your eye on. Yes, some of the Hollywood heavyweights were there like Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts, but they kept their mouths shut (and also did not win.) Julia had on a ridiculous black and white dress that looked like a man's button-down white dress shirt. And Meryl had on a frumpy black dress with big black glasses. Ugh. Maybe, consciously or not, they know that this country is suffering the worst I've seen in my lifetime, so they better keep their mouths shut and not look like royalty. Maybe that's why they dressed down?? But then George Clooney and Brad Pitt did not attend, yet both were invited since Clooney had "Gravity" nominated, and Brad Pitt had "12 Years a Slave" nominated. I'm not sure why they chose not to attend "the" party of the year. And their 'gravitas' was missing. Even the Cecil B. Demille award recipient, Woody Allen, was a no-show. Why? Nothing was mentioned that he was sick. And Cate Blanchett won Best Actress for his movie, Blue Jasmine. Why did Diane Keaton get out there and say a bunch of jibberish, and then sing an inane song?? Everyone thought she was just going to introduce Woody. I've NEVER seen the big award recipient just not show up... I don't know, it was weird that the three best dressed actresses were pregnant with dresses that looked stylish. The rest were boring - oh, except Jennifer Lawrence, who has signed with Dior, and looked like she put a white curtain and black rubber bands on. But at least that was somewhat entertaining. The only ones who looked like they drank too much (which they usually do at this party) were Emma Thompson (who seemed like she was just acting) and Jacquelyn Bisset (who seemed more on pills) yet neither were funny. It just never came together, which is disappointing.
Because right now, I need some escapism...

0 comments: