BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 13, 2013

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive..."

Regular readers of my blog will have gone through my youngest's breakup with her first boyfriend (let's call him Jett) and know that she has pined for him for 6 long months. And cried. And worn me out... She made a last ditch effort at prom, the first week of May, where she told Jett that she still loved him, and asked if he still loved her. His mistake? He said yes. She then asked why they didn't get back together, and he said he's leaving for college in August (they are 2 years apart) but that he would think about it. So he thought. And thought. And thought some more. By the time it had been 2 weeks, I was furious that he was stringing her along. UGH. But I stayed out of it. A few days after that, she "called the question" and he finally said no, that he would be 5 hours away at college, and that they could still "hang out" together as friends this summer since it's a small town.
Finally, DD was done. She had cried for this guy for a half a year. He had started another relationship with a younger girl, which is why he broke up, but his parents put a stop to that because the other girl was super wild and a bad influence.
Anyway.
This finality happened on May 20th, and by that weekend DD was invited to go to the lake with a group of friends for Memorial Day weekend. These were friends of both of them, and one is a guy her age whom she has known since kindergarten. And they had a blast.
Last week, on Wednesday, June 5th, DD and many friends went to a local national park and played "Capture the flag" which they always do at the end of school. One of her 2 best friends, let's call her Delilah (and her 2 best friends are sisters, one a year older than DD and the other a year younger) pulled DD aside and said, "I hung out with Jett last night and we are going to date." DD sobbed. She felt betrayed. She was furious. IT HAD ONLY BEEN 2 WEEKS SINCE DD AND JETT DECIDED NOT TO REUNITE.  And he had said he was just going to do friend hangouts and not date.
Now, not only did she not get back together with whom she thought was her soulmate, but she loses one of her 2 best friends (and possibly both if the other sister sides with her own sister.) And, to make it even screwier, Delilah had dated Jett's BEST FRIEND (let's call him Joe) this entire last year. So, if you're paying attention, DD dated Jett. and double dated a lot with Delilah (her bestie) and Joe (Jett's bestie.)
So... where is loyalty?? Delilah is the girl DD called sobbing when Jett broke up with her. She told her everything. She confided in Delilah for an entire year. She's been in dance with her since she was young. And when Joe broke up with Delilah, DD was certainly there for her. It was traumatic. As a matter of fact, Delilah was crying just 2 weeks ago, saying she was suicidal about losing Joe.
And now this??
I don't understand people. I'm such a loyal person. Such a loyal friend. I can't fathom doing that. I think I'm madder than DD is. But I do know that DD is stuffing her emotions over it. She's been betrayed by other girls her entire life. No one is faithful to anyone anymore. How does one ever trust anyone?? Everyone is out for themselves and nothing more. Everyone is a user.
Yes, this hits a nerve with me. And yes, my high school best friend stabbed me in the back too. It was the end of high school, and she had used me to take advantage of the "toys" and places I had due to my parents. So, yes, I felt very used. (sigh) I realize I'm rambling, but it gets weary doing good. And we're not supposed to seek revenge, but leave it up to God.
I'm just hoping karma is visited sooner rather than later...

0 comments: