BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 2, 2013

God is good....

Since it is Sunday, I will tell a 'God is good' personal story. Two weeks ago DD went to bed early since she was sick. She is never sick, so it was strange. I went to bed just after midnight, and a few minutes later went into tachocardia. I've had this my entire life, but in the last ten years, it has gotten worse, and only stops when I go to the ER, spend several thousand, and they 'convert' me. Evidently my heart has two natural pacemakers, so when they get off rhythm, my heart races into the heart attack range. That night, it was worse than usual. I could hardly walk. I didn't know what to do, since DD was sick and I didn't want to drag her to the ER, nor did I want to leave her home alone, especially since she was sick. And it was late. My tach almost always happens at 10 pm, but that night was strange. I decided to look who was up and on Facebook, so they could say a prayer for me. As God would have it, the first name I saw is a co-pastor with her husband of an on-fire church in West Texas. (We've never had a conversation in person - I added her on FB since she visits our church a few times a year.) She, of course, agreed to pray and as we Facebooked messaged, every eloquent prayer of hers that I read, I could feel my heart beat calm down. This has never happened before. She is probably the most connected to God of anyone I know of. She prayed for 30 minutes, which already was more than I ever expected, and I thought we had signed off. I felt the Lord direct me to chug vitamin C (EmergenC) in cold water. I did, and then my heartbeat had converted. AMAZING!! This has never happened!! I went back to message her, thinking she had gone to bed, but she was still sending prayers. I shared the great news, and we both were so elated!! I am blown away by God's goodness to heal me, and that my fellow Christian friend would be willing to stay up and pray for me until the prayers were answered, as it was 1:00 am when it was all finally over.
And when DD woke up the next day, she was healed too - no more fever!! Yay God!!
He is indeed good....


0 comments: