BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Big Brother is Watching You

Here's what I say every summer, but it particularly applies THIS summer. Decent, conservatives had better not take the summer off, because that is when liberals do double time. They go into overdrive during Christmas holidays and summertime, when normal families take some time off and don't pay attention. They do news dumps on Fridays when the working world is ready to take a load off. And now that the prez is in his second term, remember what he said to the Russians... "just wait until my second term..." Wow, that still haunts me. And how was he so confident that he was going to win?? Did he know something we don't?? There are so many scandals right now, it's hard to find the worst one and concentrate on it. And they are all important. They all affect us. I guess the "scandal du jour" is that Big Brother is now watching us all - our phones, internet, social media... And when I say us "all," they are not cherry picking suspicious people, they want everyone's.
Add to that the little girl waiting for the lung transplant who was turned down by the Grim Reaper herself, Kathleen Sobelius. But we still have a few good judges, so the poor girl has a little more time. It all gets overwhelming but I'm not giving up. It seems to be that most Americans are sticking their heads in the sand, and remaining politically correct, and don't want to "offend" anybody. That reminds me of a Winston Churchill quote, "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
I don't know... my mother and sister were/are nice people that want everyone to like them, and they would never want to be confrontational or stand up or stand out. My sister voted for Obama both times, and no doubt my mother would have as well. My sister, whom I love, is a liberal teacher and my mother was kind of a bleeding liberal too. Both overvalue education and think that having liberal causes makes them appear more intelligent. My mother would never have wanted to vote against the first black president of the United States. She would have thought that made her really relevant.
But it always goes back to what's in the heart, doesn't it? There are always litmus tests on what's inside of the heart. If you believe in God and the ten commandments, you believe that murder is always wrong and that life is precious. If you are fine with abortion, then you can't be fine with God.
It's incongruent...

0 comments: