BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 21, 2011

"Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be."

My youngest daughter starts high school tomorrow and is finally ready. Like her older sister, she's Type A, so has everything laid out on her bed and ready to go. She's an organizer and a list maker, so she's made what seems like a 100 lists of outfits, ideas, plans, you name it.

It's been a long, hot summer.... And I mean that literally and figuratively. As a matter of fact, it's probably been our worst summer since she's been born. It's a combination of her extreme sadness that life isn't perfect and the events that happened over this past year, but we've had most summer days with tears. She seems like an old soul, and it's aging me quickly. I want to make it all better for her and am trying to do the very most I can do, but so much is out of my control. I'm telling her everything is going to be okay, but am probably more apprehensive about high school than she is. Kids these days are mean. And competitive. And if you show any weakness, you become the 'whippin boy.' I keep saying it's different than it used to be. This batch of kids has been raised by daycare workers and they are out for themselves. I keep hoping she'll find at least one or two friends that will 'have her back.' I'm still waiting. I'm praying that good things are yet to come.
So help me God...

0 comments: