BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 1, 2011

"Nothing can come of nothing..." - Shakespeare

I'm so glad it's finally August... At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel after this hellacious summer of grueling heat... I'm dreaming of a cold front or even a cool front to get out of the endless drone of air conditioners - which, don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for - but they just drone and drone and drone... And since I'm on straight commission, I foresaw the very low paycheck I will make for August, which is half of what I normally get.... But our yards are dead, and tourists aren't visiting as much, since gas is high, and money is low. I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm having a hard night tonight. I wish we would have a hurricane or something big to get the media off of the news du jour of the debt ceiling debacle... Because they are going to go on and on about SOMETHING but let it change to something else. First it was Casey Anthony, which was at least better than listening to this hopeless litany of America's unfixable problems. And with no other television on to speak of, I find myself watching the weather channel specials or Disney channel reruns to break out of this hot prison of a house.

Maybe I'll move somewhere cooler - this is unbearable...

0 comments: