BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 20, 2011

"Perception IS reality...."

(Sigh) Sometimes I just don't get it... Why does anyone even CARE about 'Keeping up with the Kardashians?' Here is a young woman and her family who are famous for being famous?? Why are people fascinated with these people? I'm STILL scratching my head on this family. As I recall, Kim's father was one of O.J. Simpson's lawyers when O.J. was tried (and acquitted) of murdering his wife. I'm not sure what happened to him, but now Kim's mother is married to past Olympic winner, Bruce Jenner, and somehow this has parlayed this family into multi-millions with TV reality shows and all kinds of fame-seeking venues. So, according to today's news, Kim and some really tall guy got married, and it's all Hollywood has talked about for weeks. Most people don't know who the vice-president of the United States is, but they sure as heck know who Kim Kardashian is. I'm sure we'll be hearing about this for months to come until their next attention-seeking activity.

What a sick society...

0 comments: