BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fashion Police for Kim Kardashian's wedding






Excuse me, but if I'm lucky enough to get married, I want to be Queen for a Day at my wedding. I want to stand out and be the ONLY one in white, and have all eyes on me. I certainly wouldn't want my sisters and mother to also be in white. As a matter of fact, since KK's "strict" dress code for the reception was black and/or white, there were tons of people in white. How confusing! Or black. How macabre... And also, how boring! Maybe it sounded good when they all sat around on "Keeping up with the Kardashians," drinking champagne, dreaming up a wedding plan. It probably started with the color scheme and the wedding planner, and then evolved into EVERYTHING in black & white.

I guess I'm old school, but in my day it was considered gauche to wear black or white to a wedding. Black was for funerals and white was for the bride only. Those rules seem to be fading away, along with the 'never wear white shoes after Labor Day' restriction. But maybe there SHOULD be more black and white these days - and I mean that figuratively speaking.
Just saying....

0 comments: