BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 22, 2011

"Where's the Beef? Part 3"

What IS it about summer that brings out the movie star crushes in me?! So, forgive me, but my 3rd crush, though not necessarily in the order I've been doing, is Simon Baker from CBS' hit show, "The Mentalist." Actually he's an Aussie - also short for AWESOME. Yes, I'm a Baby Boomer, so if you're thinking I'm pining for a younger man, hey, it's only make-believe anyway! I tried to explain to my 33 year old female coworker, that even though your body gets older, your mind stays young, or at least mine does... I remember watching "The Thornbirds," and Barbara Stanwyck was close to 70 in that tv film series, but she hits on much younger Richard Chamberlain and tells him her body is old but her desires were the same. (Seemed creepy at the time, but I get it now.)

Anyway.
Having grown up on the beach every weekend of the summer, I am naturally attracted to surfer guys, with their tan skin and blonde highlights. And there is something about the Australians - they just seem more masculine than American men. As I've mentioned before in my previous posts, Hollywood is having to go abroad for the macho parts, as American men are getting feminized and metro-sexual. And Simon Baker is at the top of my Australian list.
G'Day Mate!

0 comments: