BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves." - William Shakespeare

Yes, I'm going to write about 9-11... For some reason, everyone that I know is making a bigger deal about it this year than even last year, which was the 10th anniversary. My niece that lives in Washington D.C. posted on Facebook, "Was a little more emotional this Sept. 11th. The morning felt just like that morning. The sky looked just the same and today is Tuesday just like that Sept. 11th. Very thankful that this is my country. Even more thankful of the family and friends I have."
I'm also on Instagram, and follow lots of photographers in NYC who are posting some very cool, very poignant photos along with some very personal comments about that day and what they saw. (By the way, Instagram is soooo much cooler and better than Facebook, and it has replaced Facebook for the high schoolers in our town, but I digress.)
I found myself really contemplating 9-11 all day, and even went out to take some local photos as I made sales calls. Even DD, my 15 year old, who was only 4 when it happened, went on You Tube to see videos, and noticed that there were substantially less videos than when she last looked about 6 months ago. I've been told that the liberals are trying to remove much of that memory and, like everything else, are rewriting the history of it, even though it was only 11 years ago.
I think that this year is more emotional because we all sense that our fate is at a huge crossroads. Which way will this country choose? Because it will affect the rest of life as we know it. Because it will then affect the entire world as we are all so interdependent. People seem to sense the seriousness of the current events and are reflecting on life-changing ones like 9-11. Because events like 9-11 are going to happen again unless huge changes happen. This nation will HAVE to return to God --
it's our only hope...


0 comments: