BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 22, 2012

The squeaky wheel gets the grease

Just got my cable/internet back tonight.... it's been 3 weeks since I ordered it at our new house we just moved into, and Time Warner couldn't come install for THREE WEEKS, and THEN set it up for 8:00 am on a SUNDAY! Ridiculous!! THEN, when they got here this morning at 8:15 am, they said that it was too big of a job and they would have to come back... I had to politely, yet forcefully talk to a "superviser" who promised me he would call back within an hour. He did not. So. I had to call back and inquire if they were, in fact, even going to come back today, and was assured that the technicians would make it their last call of the day. They arrived at 5:30 pm and were dog-tired. But we were nice and DD made them cookies, so... we have cable & internet. Ugh.
This is the reason I have not posted in a few days. I tried to post from my phone for a few weeks, but that gets real old, real fast. And another thing, silence is NOT golden... We are so used to the background noise of the news, or some tv channel, that they become familiar. It's always a "growing experience" when I don't have cable or internet, but this time it was 3 full weeks, and that was - well - depressing somehow. No one seemed to stay very long. DD and friends rented lots of movies, but somehow it's just not quite the same.
The one thing I missed, for better and for worse, was all of the media coverage about the Colorado Dark Knight massacre. I had read a lot on the internet, but videos are more informational and have learned quite a bit in the few hours I've had tv. Once you see all of the young victim's faces, you realize how fleeting life is, and that none of us have any guarantees. Truly so very sad. And the gunman? It's all of the problems of his generation, all lumped into one guy. Too many video games. Lonely. Crazy. It's like he just popped one day and decided to go out in a blaze of (infamous) "glory." It seems pretty simple really. On the day after it happened, I was listening to talk radio and the DJ asked some doctor, "Is there any way to prevent this?" and I turned the radio off.
The answer is no. An emphatic no....

0 comments: