BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

"The enemy among us..."

Just a quick post because I'm packing.... Yes, if you've followed my blog for very long, you know I moved a year ago. But, as I've explained, I'm on straight commission in advertising sales, and sales are down, so my paycheck is too. I have to go back to renting because there is no security.
Anyway.
As I'm sitting here packing, and sweating in the Texas heat, I do have time to ponder just how far off America has gone in the past 20 years, since Reagan was president in the 80's. And all the news is bad... As a born-again Christian, my theory is that it's going to keep getting worse worldwide, which will then set the stage for the Antichrist to come in and say that he will save the day. But how do I tell that to my children? My two children in their very early 30's want to lead normal lives with jobs and spouses and children and homes - the American dream. And my 15 year old? She wants to fall in love, and get married some day, and chase her dreams too. I can't tell them what I really think. I just say that I'm praying and that we will be okay. As a realist, I don't lie and paint a great picture, but I also try to stress that God promises to take care of His children because He does.
Tomorrow is the 4th of July here in America. It's a time to celebrate being free in the best country in the world. But that haunting feeling is still there, that the enemy is among us and is trying to steal our joy - our very way of life...


0 comments: