BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Mr. President


Tomorrow would have been Ronald Reagan's 100th birthday, so I wanted to send him a letter posthumously....

Dear Mr. President,
Thank you for your service to our country. It's not easy to be the most powerful man in the world, but you pulled it off with dignity, humility, character and humor. Your confidence was contagious. And your deep faith in what you believed was refreshing. You didn't wake up each day and read the polls to see how you would react to something. No, you followed your principles and did the right thing. I can remember the day you came into office, and the previous stressful year for Americans watching the Iranian hostage situation came to an end the moment they knew you were in charge. You were the real deal for 'hope and change.' You are still the benchmark for conservatives everywhere. The day you stood at the Berlin wall and said, "Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall," gave me goose bumps; it still does... You stood behind your speeches; they weren't just words, you meant them. I wish you could still be with us, and if not, someone with your same beliefs. If you could see America and the world today, you might be surprised. While you were here, you were the George Bailey from "It's a Wonderful Life." The world delayed being what it is today because of you. This country, and world, need another person just like you, and we are looking, but you're impossible to replace. You left an indelible mark on me and this nation. For that, we are eternally grateful.
Happy 100th...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just happened across this as I was looking for pics of Ronnie to pin on my Pinterest page...under the category of Real Men! I love this beautiful letter you wrote for him. Great job! I feel the same way!