BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ode to June Cleaver


June Cleaver died this weekend. She was 94. I know her real name was Barbara Billingsley, but to me, she was always June Cleaver. These TV moms that we all grew up with, we felt were, well, sort of like our moms too. They taught us lessons. They helped solve our problems. They were our early mentors. June was always doing housework in a nice suit and pearls. I had a stay at home mom too, but she didn't dress up like that. June and Ward always had a united front to Wally and the Beav, but she seemed to run the household how she wanted. She and Ward could certainly see through Eddie Haskill's wiley ways, but never let on in front of him. Like the time period, they had class; something the current generation needs to get a hold of.

I sure hate to see that generation die; their presence was so soothing. Now where are my pearls...

0 comments: