BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Whisper those 3 words to me...

Summer 2013 is officially over... all public schools in Texas start tomorrow morning and we've been getting ready. We shopped at the end of Texas' tax-free holiday weekend, and we were able to buy 'needs.'
 It's been a good summer, at least for my school-age daughter, since she started driving and loves that independence. However, money has become tighter than ever, and makes me pissy. It's not that I'm worried because I do believe God when He promises in His word to take care of our needs. But  I would like to also provide the 'wants' for DD and be able to help my older children monetarily, but I'm unable to do so. I'm on straight commission in newspaper advertising sales, and as in musical chairs, every year people keep cutting back more and more. I'm looking for another job, but marketing jobs are fewer and far between. Especially in small towns...
Anyway.
While others took fun vacations, whatever money I had, went to DD's 'camps,' most of which were mandatory for cheer, dance, dance officers, and a very inexpensive church camp that was subsidized by her youth group's church.
Me? I've had two days off this summer, and those were for moving into a much cheaper rent house. I continue to be stressed over money, fatigued from work, tired of trying to compete with others who make tons more than I do, and relieved that school starts tomorrow. Relief because I will know where DD is and know that she's safe, rather than worrying about her while I'm at my full-time job.
Sigh. Life as a single mother is something I would never wish on anyone.
Can you tell I'm ready for Back to School???

0 comments: