BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Reap what you sow...

Was just reading the story about Simon Cowell getting his friend's wife pregnant - the story said that Cowell thought they were "friends with benefits" and that the pregnancy was not planned. Uh, duh. What a typical player... just wants sex and no commitment and no responsibility. Well, all that's about to change for the 53 year old...
Which brings me to the continuing saga of my 16 year old and her prior boyfriend. If you're not a regular reader of my blog, the quick overview is that DD was asked out by her crush to prom last year. Dating ensued, and they were crazy about each other, or so she thought. After six months, DD learned he had been talking to another girl for months by text and phone, and one of DD's cheerleader friends showed her the texts of boyfriend and the hussy, which were sexual. And learned he had used the same player lines on hussy as he did on DD. He broke up with DD and immediately started up with the hussy. A few months later he lied to his parents and had a big wreck going to see hussy, and his parents made them break up. DD and boyfriend started talking and texting again, and he considered getting back together most of the month of May, but decided that since he was going to college in August, that he would "stay friends." Within 10 days, he was already "dating" one of the two sisters that are DD's best friends. AND this girl dated HIS best friend for the last year.
Hmmmm....
She waited to post photos on social media, mainly since the last hussy was chastised on social media when he dumped DD. But alas, today she posted a picture of them from July 4th on both Instagram and Facebook. It, of course, ruined DD's day. Both girls have dance camp together this week, and she already announced to DD that she's bringing him to the "show off" tomorrow. It has not gone unnoticed that he never came to watch DD when they were dating, nor did he ever take her to dinner, as he is with the new girl... It's certainly doing a number on DD's self confidence, not to mention that DD tries to do everything the right way, yet is watching other girls be successful by being immoral and other wrong ways... On top of that, this girl's sister is now cooling her friendship with DD, since it's all awkward, and it makes them feel bad about themselves? I don't know... they don't seem to have much conscience really. And the three of them were at church camp last week, and the new girlfriend was flirting (and now texting) one of the camp counselors ( which, of course, is against the counselor's rules.)
All of this to say that it is taking ALL of my strength to not seek a little payback. You see, I am the one who has to hear all of my daughter's crying over all of this, and it certainly shows her how much life isn't fair. I want to post a photo of the four of them double dating last summer. I want to mention that DD confided in her all year, but this girl thinks nothing of breaking "Girl Code." I want everyone to know that this girl was the first person DD called sobbing so hard she could not talk. I want to say that this girl isn't the goody-two shoes that she purports to be; au contrare, much the opposite. I want karma to come around like everyone says it will. I want justice!
But I'm not... I know it would feel good for two point five seconds, and then I'd have to deal with the consequences forever. I'd be known as the crazy mom who gets too involved, although most parents in my town are too.
No, I have to sit back and pray. I have to pray that God, being the just God that He is will do as He says, "vengeance is mine, saith the Lord."
I'm going to have to trust Him that He will be true to His word, and that she will reap what she sows, as we all do. And I have to wait for His timing.
Sigh.


0 comments: