BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Best of Both Worlds?


I want to weigh in (late) on Miley Cyrus. I did not watch the VMA's on Sunday night but knew my 16 year old was taping it. On Monday, the photos starting showing up on Facebook and Yahoo, and frankly I wasn't surprised. Miley chose the "dark side" a while back, and continues to "push the envelope" as they say, and try to out-Madonna and out-Gaga with her shock and awe. I thought it was vile and disgusting, and well, demonic, if you want to know the truth. She has gone over the edge of what is considered acceptable - even in pop culture - and seems to relish in the rebellion. I reposted what another mom somewhere in the country said, that Miley has never been told no or was disciplined, and that this should be a lesson to all parents raising their children, as it is too late for Miley at the age of 20.
I have asked myself why the backlash?? Why now?? Why Miley?? MTV has done this kind of show with this level of decadence for a long time. I think it's because Generation X is finally having babies, and they seem to be horrified now that they have children of their own. This is a good thing because usually they have been calloused to the deterioration of American society, and I think the fact that THEY are finally saying enough is enough is the difference. Rush Limbaugh asked the question, if it had been two girls or if it had been Beyonce, would there have been this kind of backlash. I think the answer is no, because gays/lesbians and blacks can get away with almost anything these days because of their label. But the fact that Miley is white and a previous Disney star, evidently that is where even Americans draw the line. So many mothers I am friends with on Facebook were saying how "sad" they were for Miley and that they felt so sorry for her. Aaaahhhh!! She knows EXACTLY what she's doing and it makes me angry because she influences thousands (or more?) females all around the world from her Disney Hannah Montana days, which wasn't that long ago. She traveled all over the planet with adoring little girls worshipping her, and the message this sends them is hideous. Unfortunately Miley is going to have to learn the hard way what is acceptable and what isn't.
And that we all reap what we sow..

0 comments: