BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Youth is wasted on the young

Okay it's Saturday and I'm in a really catty mood (don't ask.) So I'm doing laundry (yack) and in between reading internet news stories and looking at photos (since I can't afford magazines any more, but why bother since you can see the photos online before the magazine is even out yet.)
So I see this photo of Taylor Swift

and her new BF, Conor Kennedy, (yes, from the Kennedy clan) in what is called a "retro look." And I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a "hater," but seriously? This look is silly, sort of caricature cartoonish. If I were in my early twenties and had all the fashion at my fingertips like Taylor does, I would definitely be rocking an awesome bikini. (Sigh) And yes, it DOES suck to get older and not be able to wear a bikini or short shorts any more, so maybe all the more reason to do all of these things while she still can. I tell my children, enjoy your youth! Enjoy being young and yet make good decisions at the same time. If you do, you'll rule the world! Or at least be heading in the right direction.
At least the other girls with them got it right...

0 comments: