BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 14, 2012

"To the Class of 2012..."

I'm tired. I'm always tired on Mondays. I guess most people are.... But my son continues to have health problems and no one can seem to diagnose them. It's been going on for years and I want answers... And my #2 child, Alex, went back to work today and her little 8 week old (that I affectionately call "Bruiser") and her have had a very rough day... And my sales job is becoming more difficult. I'll leave it at that...
Tonight I want to do my annual commencement speech to the class of 2012. It will be different than years past because I have less hope than I have in past years. I mean seriously, WHAT can we possibly say to the Class of 2012 besides "hang on" and "it sucks to be you." As a matter of fact I am really against many that are in high school even going to college. Why spend yourself into oblivion to go to "academia" and get brainwashed by liberals? Oh, and learn how to become an alcoholic in four quick years?
Personally I think most are better off going to some kind of specialty school - tech school, cooking school, beauty school, whatever, so that they won't go to college and waste four years to get a broad education that will get you a job at nothing. Go to Austin, Texas and you will find TONS of people, not only with undergraduate degrees, but also those with Masters degrees who are selling shoes and waiting tables all over town. It's the specialty niche jobs that will get you hired and making money. The traditional college path is now a trap. It's a way to get young people indoctrinated with liberal ideas, start them on path to alcoholism or drug addiction, and all the while feeding the beast of academia with thousands and thousands of dollars that you will be indebted for for many years. Break free of the chains of tradition.

It's your future...

0 comments: