BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 1, 2011

"Justice denied anywhere diminishes justice everywhere." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Troy Davis, 42, was executed last month in Georgia for the slaying of a police officer, insisting his innocence and asking forgiveness for his accusers and executioners. At the funeral his friend said, "Troy's last words that night were, he told us to keep fighting until his name is cleared in Georgia. But most important, keep fighting until the death penalty is abolished and this can never be done to anyone else.' Another friend said when he would visit Davis he would say, "Don't let me die in vain, don't let my name die in vain."

So you have to ask yourself, did an innocent man just get put to death for a crime he did not do? He was convicted without evidence, from all the reports I read. And everyone that knew him said he was a kind, gentle man.
I used to believe in the death penalty, but no more. My pastor agrees and said that it's always the poor who get put to death since they cannot afford to hire a good attorney. Troy Davis' death makes me very sad. My gut feeling is that an innocent man was put to death.
And my gut feelings are always right....



0 comments: