BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Never Forget...

Well, now that we've moved and have satellite internet, it NEVER works at night... I've called soooo many times, and even called last night for the more expensive plan but it works five minutes and we reboot about 20 times. Consequently I cannot post at night any more, so will at work, but DD only does homework on the internet, so this is a huge problem!!
Here are my random thoughts on today, this solemn day of 9-11.
My first thing to relay is that everyone seems to be taking this day much more seriously than the past few years. I personally always have, but this year it's different. Maybe because we have warships in the Indian Ocean with fingers on the missile buttons in a ready position? Maybe because the veil is finally being lifted off the blinded people about how inept our president really is? Maybe because we see that we are quickly losing "superpower" status in the world, and recognize that the world sees us as a laughing stock over this Syria Red Line debacle? I guess when you're on the verge of World War III, everything seems more important??
I'm seeing tons more on 9-11 on Facebook and Instagram. As a matter of fact, I follow several NYC photographers, and one posted a really cool pic (actually all of them did) but I saw there were a ton of comments, so clicked on and saw that some punk kid who looks 12, who has a Muslim name, had commented that we "deserved" the 9-11 attack, and everyone was going off on him (including me,  in a nice way.)
I'm noticing way more flags today than in years past, and people wearing T-shirts that are patriotic or mention 9-11. I just have this sense that finally, we have "turned the corner" on this administration and their lies and deception and inexperience and agenda.
Oh please God, please....










0 comments: