BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Thou shalt not covet..."


I've decided Facebook depresses me. It's like looking at someone's scrapbook - only the good times, never the bad. It gives you a false read about someone when all you see are what they choose to post. I try really hard to not be covetous, but cheeeeeeeeeese, it's hard when you see some people's FB... For example, I haven't gone on REAL vacation since 2006 (to Florida) and since then finances have been spiraling in the wrong direction. And then I see others that go to the COOLEST places... Like one of my daughter's cheerleader friend's family. They have a great house, two nice cars, flexible jobs so they can be at EVERY one of their children's events AND take photos, videos, you name it. Their daughter's are in EVERY event possible and are really good. They took a fun cruise with extended family last Christmas, went to Hollywood and Disneyland last summer, took a church trip to the Great Lakes, and are going to the Macy's Day Parade for this Thanksgiving! AAaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!! My dream! I"ve ALWAYS wanted to go to the Macy's Day Parade, and then Christmas shop in NYC!! OMG, I'm trying really hard not to be jealous.
Anyway, I digress... The POINT is that I THEN have to see all of the fun on her Facebook page...
So, I've decided to post my quote everyday (my daily gift to the universe) and then not snoop on other people's lives. I mean, seriously, some of these people seem to have publicists that spin their lives live a movie star.
It's a game I can't compete in, so I don't want to play...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Remember Mommy, almost all social internet media is inherently narcissistic. Give me a camera and any boring setting and I can make it look like I'm having the time of my life. But I guess the saying "seeing is believing" holds true in our society.

I'm off to do some extreme channel surfing. Where's my camera?