BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

For God has not given us......

Today our one high school in our small town that my youngest daughter attends, had a bomb threat. I was in a neighboring town, as my friend and I have decided to start a magazine here in the Texas hill country, so it took me by surprise. DD texted me this morning and said they were all outside like a fire drill, so I made plans to drive back. But shortly thereafter, they said the local police had done a "sweep" and they were given the all clear to go back to class (after missing two class periods.) Evidently they then got a second bomb threat, so they were then told to go to the football field to be picked up if they didn't have a vehicle. DD had left so fast, she forgot her purse (and thus car keys.) 

It was the talk of the town, and with social media, the news traveled fast. DD was happy because she and her friend group went swimming in one of her friend's tanks (that's what we call them here in central Texas.) So all afternoon, we got texts from the school that a bomb-sniffing dog from Austin was checking it all out. By this evening, we got word on Facebook that someone had been arrested, although we don't know who yet. 
That person will be in HUGE trouble, because these days pranks are usually considered felonies, and first strike, and you're out. Usually to juvenile detention on something like this. I thought all along that it was probably a troubled kid not wanting to take a test, but quien sabe? (That means, "Who knows" in Spanish, since in most Texas towns, we are half Hispanic, and half white.)
Meanwhile I'm trying to help my older daughter, Alex, who just had a baby, and has her hands full with a toddler and an infant. While I'm trying to start a business. Because, at my age, Baby Boomers don't usually get hired for sales jobs....
Sigh.
I don't know. The week of September 11th is always an apprehensive time. My pastor says that some are saying that we are now in the End Times Tribulation period of 7 years, and are about 4 months into it. Billy Graham's son, Franklin, is convinced we are in the final hours of living before God's church is raptured. The Bible says to toil until He comes, so that's all we can really do. We're not supposed to head up the mountain, and wait for Him up there. No, we do His work until He arrives. 
All I'm saying is that even the non-Christians can feel it. I'm seeing prophecies come out that are saying to be strong when upcoming "storms" arrive. It all gets a bit scary, and it's easy to be fearful, although we're not supposed to. I keep saying, "For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and love and a sound mind," and trying to let it sink in. 
I don't know if anything will happen this year on 9-11. I saw a Facebook post today by a man who said if his children were young, he wouldn't send them to school, or fly in a jet, or go to crowded places. But as someone else replied, if we do that, the terrorists win. 
True.......

0 comments: